See YLF on YouTube:
The 2014 YLF is currently taking applications!
out the 2013 Alumni page!!!
postmark on mailed application:
are inviting Future Community Leaders to attend our annual Youth
Leadership Forum for students with disabilities July 13 - July
18, 2014 at Iowa State University in Ames, IA.
Wanted: Future Community Leaders
Division of Persons with Disabilities in partnership with the Department
for the Blind and Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services is sponsoring
a leadership training program for students with disabilities. Approximately
30 juniors and seniors with disabilities will be selected. Students
will be diverse in disability, gender, ethnicity, and geographical
What kind of students participate in the Youth Leadership Forum?
Young People Who Have Disabilities and Who...
- Demonstrate Leadership Potential
- Demonstrate Involvement/Interest in Extracurricular Activities (such
as Sports, the Arts, or Music)
- Demonstrate Community Involvement
- Demonstrate the Ability to Interact Effectively with Other Students
What will happen at the forum?
- Share information on choosing careers, history or disability culture,
assistive technology for independence;
- Identify existing barriers to personal and professional success
and develop plans to deal with those barriers;
a "Personal Leadership Plan";
- Interact with others with similar Hopes and Dreams.
- Young people
with disabilities will become employed and self-sufficient;
- Young people with disabilities will be knowledgeable about resources
available to them to become successfule adults;
- Young people with disabilities will be exposed to professionals
with disabilities who are recognized leaders and role models.
Transportation cost to and from the forum may be waived in special
circumstances. No other expenses.
- Youth Leadership Forum for Students with Disabilities will pay for
the following appropriate expenses:
- accommodations for student delegates to attend including but not
limited to: interpreters, alternative format materials, personal
- scholarships based on need to defray travel expenses to the forum
Exciting, fun, educational five-day leadership training program includes:
tour of the State Capitol, meeting with community leaders with
disabilities, and hearing from speakers.
If you have questions please email: email@example.com
or call 888-219-0471.
of the documents here at DHR are in PDF format. This format requires
a PDF Reader which is available for free at Adobe Systems. Learn
more about Adobe's
PDF Reader and how to install it on your computer.