Coaltion Building is a temporary partnering of individuals, organizations, or groups in order to achieve a common purpose or to engage in joint activity. Forming coalitions with other groups of similar values, interests, and goals allows members to combine their resources and become more influential than when acting alone. Agencies and organizations who build an infrastructure do so for the following reasons:
1. Review data and identify areas of concern
2. Determine what programs/services exist that pertain to these concerns
3. Consult the research to identify the best possible interventions needed
4. Allocate resources to implement the best possible interventions, and
5. Measure levels of success.
Customized training, presentation, and technical assistance for a variety of audiences are available through ICYD.
Internal Collaborative Functioning Scales - Iowa Empowerment