How Do I Access Materials?
Persons wishing to use the library may do so during regular business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The library is closed on weekends and state holidays.
Materials may be checked out in person, by written request, by website, or over the telephone.
The first time you borrow materials you will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, work address, work telephone number and social security number.
A bibliography listing of the books, videos, and other materials is available. View the list.
How Long Can I Keep The Materials I Borrow?
- Library materials are loaned for a period of three (3) weeks.
- An extension of three (3) weeks may be granted if you contact the office before the materials are due and if no one else is waiting for the materials.
- Materials not returned to the library on or before the due date will be assessed a fine of $.05 per day, per item or $.25 per day, per video/DVD.
How Many Items Can I Borrow?
This DSCI Library is modeled after the public libraries in Iowa. Thirty (30) items may be borrowed at one time.
What Types of Materials Are There?
Books and Videos/DVD
- Deaf Culture
- American Sign Language
- Coping with Hearing Loss
- Children's Stories in ASL
- Skill enchancement videos/DVD for Interpreters
- Information on raising a Deaf or Hard of Hearing Child
- Materials to study for the NIC (RID/NAD) Inc. certification tests.
The DSCI Library welcomes donations of materials to the Library.