How can I Earn CEU's – Certification Maintenance Program?
What Laws Require an Interpreter?
- Providing Interpreters in a Legal Proceeding and at Time of Arrest (Chapter 622B & Chapter 804.31)
Download PDF or View HTML.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Iowa Bureau of Professional Licensure: Laws and Rules
What Credentials Must an Interpreter Have?
For working in a legal setting: Iowa State Requirements
Interpreter Setting: http://www.iowacourts.gov/administration/directories/ADA_Access/
Licensed by the State of Iowa: Iowa Department of Public Health Licensure
- RID – Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- NIC – National Interpreter Certification
- EIPA – Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment
Samples of licenses, certification, and membership cards: Download PDF.
What is DSCI's Contractual Interpreting Program?
This is a program that is available to help purchase interpreting services for events such as funerals, weddings, etc. This program has limited funds each year. It can only by used for events not covered by the State or Federal law such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). More information.