For Interpreters


How can I Earn CEU's – Certification Maintenance Program?

What Laws Require an Interpreter?

What Credentials Must an Interpreter Have?

For working in a legal setting: Iowa State Requirements

Interpreter Setting:

Licensed by the State of Iowa: Iowa Department of Public Health Licensure


Samples of licenses, certification, and membership cards: Download PDF.

What is DSCI's Contractual Interpreting Program?

This is a program that is available to help purchase interpreting services for events such as funerals, weddings, etc. This program has limited funds each year. It can only by used for events not covered by the State or Federal law such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). More information.